1. Get your mobile device!
2. Open up to your text messages.
3. Look through your messages of the last ten people you have messaged.
4. Write down the third word of the last text you sent to that person.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all of the ten people from your text messages.
6. Make a poem from all the words you wrote down.
7. Read your poem aloud!
Here is what I got:
You getting I’m you my mom lol
This was quite amusing.. I liked how I got a “lol” in there to show that it was a ridiculous poem. I enjoyed this procedure most because I always have my cell phone on me. It was easy to access and not that hard to put together a funny sentence. The only problem I had was that I always delete my text messages. Luckily I did not today, but I still only had 7 people I texted. Also I like the meaning the poem has when you really think about it. “I’m you my mom” is very meaningful to me because she raised me and I strive to be someone like her. I am my mom.
It weird how something like getting the third word from each of your text messages could become so meaningful. I definitely liked this procedure. I believe this type of art it produces can be beautiful.